COVID 19 – IIMB Warriors
IIMB alumni are not just pioneers of the business field but are also contributing in many ways to combat the Corona Virus. This post highlights our IIMB Alumni Warriors who are doing everything in their capacity to help the community regain its strength to stand back up. We salute each and every one of you who have and are in service the country, society and humanity. Stay Safe.
- Aindrila Biswas, PGP 2017: She has donated funds, and is working in emergency services in a power plant in remote location of West Bengal and contributing through funds to local villagers as and when required.
- Amardeep Singh Sibia, BAI 2016: He is a volunteer of IIMB Analytics & Healthcare programme participants group. He said, “We have developed a forecasting platform that can predict number of Covid patients in a state, how their numbers will grow, and effectiveness of social distancing. The system also forecasts the downstream requirement of resources required namely hospital beds, medical staff, oxygen, PPE, etc.
The team is working with IMA and the MP Govt.
- Apurva Shukla, PGPEM 2013: Has been associated with Aveva
- Arun Patre, AFRM 2008: He has been associated with Project Step One. He mentions, “We have setup a technology backend to augment state government COVID helpline, this helps shorten the time to action to identify high risk suspects and avoid further spread of the virus. This is enabled by a pool of 4500+ volunteer doctors who are manning this helpline and hence addressing this in a very responsible manner. As of date, we have gone live in five states and are taking more than 60,000 calls in a day. Our key KPI is #contacts avoided, which till date has crossed 4000+. Write to me on firstname.lastname@example.org | 9880891675 if you wish to be part of the technology operations for this initiative and looking at multiple states to rollout this solution.” His ask of alums is – We are looking for candidates who will help us in the rollout of this solution in multiple states, build government relationships, technology scale-up and lastly doctor evangelism teams.
- Atif Hussain, PGP 2009: Has been associated with MercyMission. MercyMission is disbursing Essentials (ration kits, food packets, medical PPEs), awareness helpline.
- Balachandran BV, GMHE 2: Consultation for e – ICU
- Dipakkumar Bhatt, PGP 1979: Has been involved with Polaron Language Services. He is helping with translation of COVID-19 – Glossary of Terms – into the Gujarati language
- Ganesan Ramachandran, PGP 1994: He mentions, “Leadership team in Accenture Strategy. Collected funds to donate 45000 3-ply masks to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. This is to help with the shortage of masks for the support staff in AIIMS.”
- Laxmidhar Biswal, EGMP 28: Has donated to his company trust (one day salary+ Rs. 5000/-), PM CARES, Odisha Chief Minister’s Covid/Relief Fund, an NGO in Gujarat ans is also going to donate to Karnataka Chief Minister’s Relief/Covid Fund. Has expressed to donate to IIMB Covid fund (if exists).
- M Gurulingam, EGMP 33: Organised 50 PPEs & 200 N95 masks for ESIC Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore through an Organisation
- M S Zahed, PGP 1976: Provided ration to 20 poor families during the lock down period
- Mohan A, EGMP 2014: Associated with Karnataka Task Force on Covid-19 Sahaya – The task force works in conjunction with the Ministry of Labour to address issues of construction labour and migrant labour, including food, shelter and medical attention for them. His ask of alums is – (a) Spread news of the Task Force in their Social Media circles to increase our footprint, and the enable greater numbers of general public to approach us with their queries and problems. and (b) Prepare a list of people willing to donate dry rations with their contact details so that we can contact them if and when we are challenged for ration supplies.
- Mukesh Sharma, EPGP 2010: Indian Association Shanghai – President. He says “The virus first broke out in China and I was responsible for coordinating first response working closely with Indian community and consulate general of india. We donated 35000 masks to Indian community in shanghai. We have raised funds and would be donating INR 50 lakhs from india community shanghai to PMCARES fund.“
- Murali Krishna N, PGPPM 2006: Director at DOT – GOT in Bengaluru participating Nodal officer to take care of needs of GOK like creating short codes sending bulk sms and related services. on the other hand, TSP. ISP, OSP and Global NOc placed in Bengaluru and rest Karnataka is being taken care. addressing their grievance of those like maintenance related staff and issue of passes. His ask of alums – I am with you if we come as small group to take care of daily distributing food packets jobless and poor people in parts of city. I am willing to be available to be part of team in south Bengaluru.
- Namrata Srivastava, BAI 2019: She is involved in Data Analytics, Data Modelling, Optimizations which provides Data Insights to the government using Data Science skills.
- Naveen Chawla, EGMP 2012: He says ” As part of the Rotary Club Bombay Hills South District 3141, we have been raising funds for protective equipments. We also have a Hospital in Pali, Maharasthra that we have converted to accommodate treatment for COVID9 patients. Also, the funds are contributed towards PM CARES and for provision of essentials for those who need it.”
- Nisheeta Bajaj, PGP 2002: Has been associated with Art of Living. We have been offering organisations “A Journey to Well-being”, for Body and Mind. The topmost facilitators in each of these areas are brought in to suit company’s needs. Contact: email@example.com
- Prashant Saksena, EGMP 34: Volunteering / Physical activity-based contribution, Donating funds/Society group. He has also tied up with the church to help the people in community to arrange and distribute the grocery to the needy people.
- Rohan Pawar, GMITE10: Donated funds in the company tied up NGO – Akshay Patra
- Sangeetha Vadanan, PGP 2001: Has been associated with SNEHA which is respnsible for coordinating with 7 Municipal Corporations in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region to support their Covid relief efforts through supply of masks, sanitizers and other PPE Kits. Please reach out to me if you would like to support these efforts: Sangeetha Vadanan, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7718866073. Her ask of alums is (a) Funding support to continue our health work across 15 slum communities in Mumbai and Thane and (b) Tech solutions – exploring mass awareness campaigns through phone/online, apps that can help with symptom tracking, etc.
- Sarvesh Javdekar, BLP 2018: We are providing for food for almost 2000 migrant construction workers in pune in the form of packets of wheat flour, rice, vegetable oil, cooking masala, fruits, biscuits, turmeric, pulses etc. the expenses for 2000 workers are almost Rs. 4 lacs a week. Please reach him on 9673811919, if you wish to contribute to the cause.
- Tejaswi Shrivastava, GMHE 2016: is associated with IIMB Covid Warriors, CovidIndia.org for Fund raising, fulfilling PPE demands, individual volunteering and personal donations.
- Vikash Singhal, PGP 2001: He has made monetary contributions to organisations – Samarpan and Dhyan which are providing food to the needy and also taking care of stray animals. His ask of alums is to generously contribute these organisations.
- Yash Arora, PGP 2016: He has been associated with Oxfam, Goonj, Brahmkumaris, Singapore United. He has also led donation drives in Indonesia, participated in volunteer as well as donation to Filipino and migrant worker community of Singapore and made donations to India via existing networks. Yash and his wife are also engaging with seniors in the community by helping them with supplies, exercising and entertainment to take their mind of things. His ask of alums is to Energize your neighbourhood with positivity. Show composure and calmness in dealing with things. There’s lot of scare and bad vibes out there. Be grateful and always ready to help.