Trekking in Makalidurga, Bengaluru on Sun, 30 Dec. Limited Seats – Register now!
As part of an effort to promote alumni engagement, IIMBAA and the alumni office have been facilitating events based on common interests. We are planning to have a series of one day treks in and around Bengaluru for alums and their family members starting this month.
Rustik Travel (www.rustiktravel.com), an alum promoted venture has come forward to facilitate these treks for free. Any costs incurred would cover the basic expenses of the trek.
Details of the trek are as follows –
- Assembly point – Makalidurga Railway Station (the starting point of the trek 60 km from Bangalore).
- Route: Bangalore – Yelahanka – Doddaballapura – Mallathahalli – Makalidurga Railway Station
- Trek Duration: Five hours
Who can join: IIMB Alums and their family members (spouses and children >= 10yrs).
Last Date for Registration: 25th Dec 2018
Limited Registrations: Max. 30 (First Come First Serve basis)
|1||Option 1: A bus from the IIMB campus will start at 5:30am in the morning. Pick up and drop at IIMB.||1500 per person||
Step 1: Payment Link: Click her to Pay
|2||Option 2: Those interested can come directly to the assembly point – the Makalidurga Railway Station. They need to be there by 6:45am.||700 per person|
*Includes GST + Forest department charges
*In the Payment Link page, the Bank A/c selected should be the default –“IIMB Alumni Association Main Account”, Please mention “TREKKING” against Payment Made For field
- All trekkers to carry a valid ID proof
- A back pack to carry your food and water (2 litres per person), trekking pole, light jacket/windcheater to protect from cold and wind, trekking shoes, poncho (to protect from possible rain), trekking pants or shorts/comfortable clothing, cap, sunscreen, etc.
- Please bring your own breakfast, lunch/snacks and water bottles
- Though the trek is easy to moderate (based on your fitness levels), please avoid if you have serious medical problems or fitness issues.
About Rustik Travel: Rustik Travel is a sustainable experiential travel venture promoted by Hemant Soreng, PGP 1997. The company curates customized offbeat and activity-based travel experiences globally that have a local flavour and engages people from the local community. The travel experiences range from adventure based – trekking, biking, cycling, diving etc. to cultural, culinary, volunteering and more.
Leave No Trace: We follow a Leave No Trace (LNT) philosophy in our hikes & treks in the spirit of sustainability. Trekkers are expected to carry all kind of recyclable/non-recyclable waste (plastic wrappers, covers, bottles, paper, etc.) back with them and dispose them at their respective homes.
For any specific details, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org