Panel Discussion on Technology and Business Performance
A programme titled ‘Leadership for Managing Business Growth’ was specially designed for Round Table India members ( entrepreneurs and working professionals) by Prof.N M Agrawal, the programme director, was held in IIMB on 24 Feb 2018.
The two-day interactive workshop for round table members was designed for entrepreneurs and managers from small and medium size organizations interested to further enhance their leadership competencies. The workshop focuses on conceptual knowledge, skills and competencies to help entrepreneurs and technical professionals to grow as leaders and contribute towards business growth.
As part of the programme, we had a panel discussion on ‘Technology and Business Performance’ where the panelists discussed technology development and how it can be used for enhancing business performance. The panelists were Anuraag,Co-founder at Gumption Labs (PGP 96); Girish Ramachandra, CEO of Shopalyst (PGSEM 2004); Sindhu V Kashyap, senior correspondent of YourStory.com and S Parthasarathy, author of ‘Unmet Needs of Entrepreneurship’ (PGP 1994).
All the participants and invitees were gifted an author signed copy of ‘Unmet Needs of Entrepreneurship’.
Arindam Mukhopadhyay, PGP 92-94 took a session on 22 Feb 2018 for PGP 2 that covered emerging disruptive technology and workforce trends in the Banking and FS, its risk impact for the banks and evolution of Global Business Services (GBS) model from a cost play to value play in mitigating risks and improving client experience. He was invited by Prof. Ashok Thampy to deliver the talk.
Arindam is the Managing Director, Global Head of Information Security Ops, Citigroup AND Global Head of Digital Strategy & Re-engineering, Citi Shared Services (GBS) and is based in NY,USA. His profile is given below –
- Over 20 years of deep experience in the banking and consulting sectors with specific expertise in Global Business Services (GBS) domain – held leadership positions in Citigroup and American Express
- Senior leadership position (Managing Director) in Citigroup with extensive global experience of leading teams in the US and in the international markets – significant interaction and exposure to C-level seniors, including Citi’s Operating Committee members
- Deep experience in transforming large, global, complex organizations across domains like reporting & analytics and information security; proven experience in managing functions with high operational risk and control quotient
- Business Development and P&L responsibility in Corporate Banking (Mid-market segment) and Management Consulting
- Deeply involved in Talent development and Diversity issues: Co-Chair of Citi Asian Pacific Heritage Network and Executive Sponsor of Employee Career Development program in CSS
Arindam visited the campus after decades and it was a homecoming of sorts. He spent some time with the Director too.
Chidambaram Palaniappan, PGP 92-94 is the co-founder of Florintree Advisers, who are pioneering the concept of “activist investing” in India. His co-founder is his batchmate, Mathew Cyriac (PGP 92-94), ex Blackstone India head. Florintree is an alternate investment manager. He said, “We are a multi strategy firm thinking out of the box but focused only on equities. We don’t invest in real estate and may not be the best suited to talk on the subject as practitioner.”
Palaniappan was invited by Prof. Venkatesh Panchapagesan on Feb 12, to take a session on distress valuation for PGP 2. Palani was visiting the campus for the first time after graduating from the institute in 94.