NSRCEL Start-up: Kydzadda
About the Startup:
Kydzadda is one of the biggest and one of the first indoor play centers in Bengaluru. With the first outlet commencing in the year 2014, Kydzadda is now an established and reputed brand in India for providing a great entertaining place for children, hosting birthday parties, organizing various activities and workshops for children, conducting school field trip, celebrating events and more. We now have two outlets spread across 10,000sft. The center in Banashankari is based on a jungle theme concept and the center on Bannerghatta Road (Arekere) on an Ocean theme concept. The integrated play is designed to encourage children to jump, hop, skip, climb, run and challenge their physical competence adding to the adrenalin rush making free play more inviting and entertaining than gadgets.
Some of the great features include:
- Sophisticated play gym with slides, trampolines, ball pits, swirly slide, tube tunnel, spider tower climber, web crawler with great navigation at various heights and fun levels.
- A sterile and soft cushiony flooring with a play area designed to channelize kids’ energy.
- Separate toddler play area for children under 4 years of age.
- Kydzadda Café offers a relaxing environment for the parents to catch-up or work whilst their kids are at play under constant supervision.
- Kydzadda is a perfect destination for children’s school trips. Kids can enjoy with their buddies in our play area and enjoy the delicacies from our café.
- The party halls at Kydzadda make every child’s birthday a fun-filled and memorable event both for the child and their friends.
- As we all know, there is no friend as loyal as a book!! We have a variety of children’s books which can be read at Kydzadda or borrowed by the children.
- Krivi Spaces is a newly launched vertical by Kydzadda where parents can sit and work whilst their children are being looked after by the care-takers of Kydzadda. A quasi co-working space with a luxury of being close to your child who can enjoy the play area and at the same time taken care of.
About the founder:
I am an entrepreneur and have been a founder and director of one of the first indoor play areas in Bengaluru called Kydzadda. Currently, we (me and my partner) have two centers in South Bangalore. The establishment has been conceptualized by me after moving back to India from Melbourne in the year 2012. With the first outlet commencing in the year 2014, Kydzadda is now an established and a reputed brand in India for providing a great entertaining place for children, hosting birthday parties, organizing various activities and workshops for children, conducting school field trip, celebrating events and more.
I worked as a Business Analyst in various companies in Melbourne – Australia before moving to Bangalore. My journey has involved working at Department of Environment and Sustainability (2 years), Leadtec Systems (2 years) and Philip Morris Ltd (2 years) and Philip Morris Information Services (4 years). I started as a programmer and went on to working as a Systems Analyst and Business Analyst.
Apart from technical, functional and entrepreneurial background, I also possess immense communication, leadership and organization skills. I have been awarded and recognized in various media for my venture and also have been appreciated by the senior management in the firms I worked for my dedication and teamwork. I also have been one of the few who have been selected for the Goldman Sachs 10K Women Entrepreneur program by NSRCEL – IIMB and completed the program last year (2019).
How NSRCEL’s program has helped the startup? Please share key learnings and takeaways.
Having studied Computer Science and worked in IT Industry before venturing into my own business, I had learnt everything about managing the same on the job. I had no formal training in Management. The Goldman Sachs 10K Women Entrepreneurship program helped in building the business acumen and in understanding various aspects of such as marketing strategies, accounts, leadership, strategic thinking, finance, change management etc. I could relate the subject matter to my journey and also incorporate various new strategies to ensure growth of the business.
The key outcome of this course was the introduction of Krivi Spaces which is a co-working space for parents with start-ups who could work from our center while we looked after their kids.